Sustainability includes the environment, our community, the economy, and cost of living issues. Cost of living issues are a primary feature of my campaign for new ideas and a fresh approach in Saanich. Below is a list of action items we need to address to keep Saanich Sustainable.
- Address cost of living issues for all ages
- Initiate task force on affordable workplace home ownership & rental housing
- Make sure the voices of tenants are heard
- Engage employee and employer groups to grow jobs & raise incomes
- Grow Saanich economy via sustained formal focus on economic development
- Make Saanich a magnet for new business and new family sustaining jobs
- Use expanded economic base to reduce pressure on residential taxes
- Smart, cost effective management of taxpayers’ money
- Seek cost efficiencies in Saanich by effective consultation with ALL staff
Click Here for the Turnover and Vacancy quarterly report for the third quarter of 2014.